Sunday, August 9, 2009

windows

and i don't mean the ones on your computer. I'm talking about the ones on my sons room.now you might think that the curtains that you put up only have to look good,and match your room decor,and for you ,you would be right. for my son that would be nice,but impractical.you see my son is disabled and his room is the one place in the world where we try to make it a place where he won't be told "no",and he cant hurt him self.so his curtain rod was replaced a few years ago with a two inch thick wooden rod.that helped with the fact that he would hang off his curtains,then he started to chew on them.not eat(witch is called pica)but chew,its one of his favorite activity's,we think it soothes him.any way we cant let him chew up his curtains so i rolled up the bottom of the curtains in a piece of wood and screwed it to the wall.worked good for a while,but like all things it wore out.the kid still hangs off them,and the cat uses them for a hammock(which is kinda funny).so we got a replacement and we are in the process of replacing the curtains.I'm half way through my part.now I'm waiting for my wife to finish hanging the top part,and then i will screw down the bottom and we are done ,at least for a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment